- 2019 Awarded Best Journal Presentation by the Society of Estimating Polymers (Nam Ki-ho)
- Nam Ki-ho (Integrated 11th semester), a research team led by Professor Han Hak-soo of the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at Yonsei University, presented a colorless transparent polyimide synthesis approach by utilizing the three dimensional and morphological characteristics of the chain controlled by polymer replacements, and presented an excellent presentation by the Korean Society for Advanced Polymer Studies under the theme of its application as flexible substrate material for next-generation transparent display, and presented an excellent thesis award.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.11.04
- 2019 Korea Chemical Engineering Association Award (Professor Moon Il, Professor Lee Kang-taek, and student Huh Jae-wook)
- Professor Moon Il and Professor Lee Kang-taek of the Department of Science and Technology received the 'Sukmyung Watershed Merit Award' and the 'Choi Chang-kyun Mobile Phenomenon Award' in recognition of their contributions to the Korean Chemical Society in 2019. In addition, Heo Jae-wook, a student of the department, was awarded the silver prize at the 20th Biotech Contest (sponsored by LG Chem).
- 화공생명공학과 2019.10.15
- Professor Moon Il Published a Book "Introduction to Hydrogen Safety"
- Hydrogen, the number 1 atom, is the lightest and most common substance, accounting for 75 percent of the space material. Hydrogen can be used "persistent" because it exists anywhere on Earth, such as water, fossil fuels and living creatures, and it is widely seen as an eco-friendly fuel that does not contain carbon (C) when used as fuel, thus generating carbon dioxide (CO2) and no harmful gases. Under the current situation, which mainly focuses on developing technologies to revitalize the hydrogen economy amid the new and eco-friendly energy policy stance, development of technologies and policymaking to secure hydrogen safety is imperative. Since it is difficult to find data that systematically describes safety technologies needed to utilize hydrogen as energy in Korea, the government wanted to help understand hydrogen safety technologies as well as hydrogen utilization technologies. This book consists of nine sections, including basic knowledge of hydrogen energy required for safe use of hydrogen, hydrogen energy utilization, hydrogen leakage, fire, explosion theory, and safety technologies and policies of hydrogen utilization facilities. In Korea, where there is no systematic professional book on hydrogen safety, the book will be used to train professionals at universities as well as help foster safety knowledge among industrial field workers.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.09.18
- Professor Han Byung-chan develops internal debris observation technology
- Professor Han Byung-chan develops internal debris observation technology On the 30th of July, the research team of the Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Sang-Ho Sang-Hoon and Jung-Mook Lee, and Byung-Chan Han, professor at Yonsei University, have found a way to look at the specific structure of the metal melt remaining in the waste reactor. The study was published in the International Journal of Energy Research, a top-level paper in nuclear research in the middle of this month.In fact, when a nuclear power plant is operated, high heat is generated, causing the nuclear fuel, the cladding tubes, and the internal structural materials to melt. Happens. The molten metal melt remains on the inner walls of the reactor at the end of its life. Experts believe that before dismantling the reactor, it is necessary to accurately characterize the metal melt remaining on the inner wall. The researchers found a way to accurately analyze the structure of these metal melts. Raman spectroscopy was used to determine the structure of uranium-zirconium oxide, which has the same properties as the melt of the metal in the reactor. It is a technology to study the detailed structure of molecules by measuring the vibration spectrum of scattered light by taking advantage of the phenomenon that part of light deviates from the normal progression direction and progresses to another direction while light passes through the object. In a joint study, the Yonsei team found that the metal melt combines eight oxygen atoms per zirconium atom in complex form. Metal melt in the decommissioning furnace is used as valuable information about the environment in the reactor of a serious accident nuclear power plant. Internal structure of uranium-zirconium oxide with similar properties to the metal melt remaining in the waste reactor. Related content was reported in YTN News . [https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0115_201908160220305275] Source: Dong-A Science
- 화공생명공학과 2019.08.22
- Professor Lim Sangwoo's book, "Understanding Semiconductor Process," selected excellent academic books for 2019
- Professor Lim Sangwoo's book, "Understanding Semiconductor Process," selected excellent academic books for 2019 by the Education Ministry and the Korean Academy of Sciences <Relevant Article> The Ministry of Education said that it has selected 286 kinds of excellent academic books from the Korean Academy of Sciences and the "2019 Excellence in Literature." This year's project received 3,469 first-time domestic academic books issued by 374 publishers. Among the 286 best academic books of the year, 65 are humanities, 95 are social sciences, 40 are Korean studies and 86 are natural sciences. The list of selected books can be found on the website of the Korean Academy of Sciences. This year's best academic book was launched to share and spread excellent research results by selecting excellent academic books in basic academic fields and distributing them to universities. This is to promote research and writing activities in basic academic fields. Selected books will be distributed to universities and libraries in Korea. From 2002 to now, the project has provided about 100,000 excellent academic books to 300 university libraries each year. The selection of the books will be made through a multi-level evaluation by a review committee consisting of 105 experts from academic fields and members of the academic institute. It focuses on the professionalism, originality, and academic contribution of the written content. The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology will conduct a survey on the demand for 286 selected excellent academic books until April 19. Since then, it plans to distribute books worth a total of 3.3 billion won to local university libraries in the second half of this year. "The selection of excellent academic books and support projects are aimed at boosting the writing and publication of academic books, which are difficult to activate when left to market functions, unlike ordinary books," said Lee Seung-bok, director general of the Education Ministry's University Research Policy Division.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.07.16
- 2019 KSIEC Award for Outstanding Papers (Seo Hye-in)
- Seo Hye-in (Master 2nd semester), a student at Yonsei University, won an excellent dissertation award at the Spring Korea Chemical Society in 2019 under the theme of studying chemical and physical behavior of five harmful heavy metals, absorb high-performance hydrogels materials in waste water.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.06.12
- 2019 DAAD graduate student summer training and researcher exchange project(정현욱)
- Professor Han Byung-chan's lab student, Jeong Hyun-wook, Under the task name, "Hotropic and Dynamic Responsiveness Study of Harmful Chemicals Related to Major Chemical Accidents Using Computer Science and Machine Learning", he was selected as a candidate for the Korea-Germany graduate student summer training and researcher exchange project in 2019. Attached is the notice as a file
- 화공생명공학과 2019.06.09
- 2019 Spring-Institute of Chemical Engineers award for excellent presentation (Cho Mi-ra)
- Professor Jang Jae-hyung of Yonsei University's Department of Fine Arts and Biotechnology, Jo Mi-ra (Unified 9th semester) developed an adeno-deposit virus based on biomaterials such as macromolecules and cells to develop high-efficiency gene-cell therapy and made an excellent presentation at the Korean Chemical Engineering Association's Spring Conference and Academic Conference in 2019.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.05.07
- 2019 Society of Industrial and Engineering chemistry - Professor Kim Eunkyoung
- Kim Eunkyoung, a professor of chemical engineering at Yonsei University, was named the winner of the 2019 Achievement Award in recognition of her contribution to the development of the Korea Industrial and Chemical Society. Professor Kim Eunkyoung is actively conducting research on the synthesis and application of functional molecules, and especially as the need for integrated electronic devices is emerging, she is striving to develop programmable composite devices through new public solution materials and artificial synesthesia organic electronic devices. Professor Kim Eunkyoung has published more than 200 SCI-class papers since her inauguration in 2004 and her thesis has been used more than 6,000 times. In recognition of its contribution, it was awarded the Achievement Award at the 2019 General Assembly and Academic Conference of the Korean Industrial Chemistry Society (May 1~3, 2019) in BEXCO, Busan.
- 화공생명공학과 2019.05.07
- Hanaro Symposium Foster Award (Jo Seung-yeon)
- Hanaro Symposium Foster Award (Jo Seung-yeon)
- 화공생명공학과 2019.05.03